Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Antiques Diva is moving to Berlin!!

Willkommen Diva!

That said, I don’t consider this to be “Tot Ziens” as I’m not saying Good-Bye to The Netherlands– instead I’ll be waving a hearty “Tot Straks to Holland” (or “See You Later Dutch Darlings!)” Though my home is moving to Berlin, a bit of my heart (and business) will be staying behind, firmly planted in tulip fields of The Netherlands.



A few months ago, my darling husband came home and popped the same question that started our expatriation nearly a decade ago, “Do you feel like learning a new language?” The first time he asked this question 9 years ago, I exclaimed “Oui!” with an exuberant burst of joy - “Watch Out World – Here I come!” Paris never knew what hit them and I had the time of my life.

Leaving Paris 5 years later wasn’t as tragic as I expected, for I never really left Paris…

Hemingway put it best when he said, " If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a ayoung man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast". Read more: The Antiques Diva

Willkommen Diva
H φανατική ‘Σαντορινιά’, αθεράπευτη λάτρης της Σαντορίνης δείτε τις μικρές φωτογραφίες) φίλη Τόμα ή Diva μετακομίζει σύντομα από το Άμστερταμ στο Βερολίνο!

Αμερικάνα στην καταγωγή από την Οκλαχόμα, παντρεύτηκε στη Βοστόνη, μετακόμισε στο Παρίσι και κατέληξε στο Άμστερνταμ όπου και έγινε γνωστή ως "The Antiques Diva."

Η Diva έχει αλλάξει χώρα διαμονής 5 φορές τα τελευταία 11 χρόνια, τόσο στην Αμερική όσο και στην Ευρώπη. Έχει μάθει πώς να ζει μια ζωή χωρίς σύνορα. Το πάθος της είναι τα ταξίδια και οι αντίκες, που έχει αγοράσει από περισσότερες από 30 χώρες. Τώρα θα αφήσει πίσω της τις τουλίπες της Ολλανδίας και θα μετακομίσει στο Βερολίνο της Γερμανίας.

Η Τόμα λέει ότι «Πηγαίνοντας να ζήσεις σε μια άλλη χώρα, νιώθεις σαν την εκμάθηση μιας ξένης γλώσσας». Η πρώτη φορά που διερωτήθηκα για την εγκατάσταση σε μια άλλη χώρα ήταν πριν 9 χρόνια, όταν πήγα στο Παρίσι. Φεύγοντας από το Παρίσι 5 χρόνια αργότερα, δεν ήταν και τόσο τραγικό, όπως ήταν αναμενόμενο, γιατί στην πραγματικότητα ποτέ δεν αφήνεις το Παρίσι. Για να το θέσω καλύτερα, ο Χέμινγουεϊ είχε πει ότι: «Αν είστε τυχεροί και ζήσετε στο Παρίσι ως νεαροί, τότε όπου κι αν πάνε για το υπόλοιπο της ζωής σας, θα μείνει μαζί σας, γιατί το Παρίσι είναι μια κινητή γιορτή».

Πολλές ευχές Τόμα και καλή διαμονή στη νέα σου πατρίδα, το Βερολίνο.

1 comment:

The Antiques Diva™ said...

Phivos,
What a pleasant surprise!!! It's so nice of you to post this blog about my move and linking it to the blog I wrote on what was then my upcoming move!!! As of today, I finally have internet connection in my new home in Berlin! We've been living out of suitcases for a week so it's wonderful to be in our own bed, with our own things, with our cat! Nevertheless, the move in process is a long dreary road ahead of us - as we need to install wardrobe units/lights/bathroom mirrors and storage cabinets! Ugh... lots of work yet to do, but your kind post in the midst of my life madness helped put a smile on my face!
Best,
Toma, Aka The Antqiues Diva